Thursday, May 16, 2013

Week 4: Building Base Knowledge

I've been on Goodreads for years, and I've used it in place of those little spiral bound notebooks full of book titles kept and carried around by the sorts of women that I am bound to become eventually. Not only does it help me remember the actual titles of books I've read and enjoyed (helpful for readers advisory), but updates from friends have given me additional reading ideas, and the "Want to Read" option is useful.
I just created a few shelves, and checked out their recommendations based on them. Pretty accurate; I have actually already read (but not posted) a number of the suggested titles.

I suggested a title to Cynthia W., based on the high ratings she's given to well-written books featuring family stories in diverse cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment