Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Week 5: Assorted assignments

  1. I've been following Salon.com, by which I mean my inbox has been flooded with their emails. I haven't found it to be particularly useful bookwise, though my celebrity gossip awareness level has been raised to defcon 1. I find their book reviews a little too long and college term paper-like. Most useful to me so far was their recent summer reads column.
  2. Early Word has more to offer. The touch of librarian is so evident in its arrangement; that long list of specific categories down the left side makes finding genre-specific articles or best book lists from previous years easy to find.
  3. Flavorpill's 30 Most Anticipated Books of 2013 led me to Sam Lipsyte's The Fun Parts. This title will be sure to appeal to fans of cynical and dark humorous writing, fast-paced satire, and the short story form.

No comments:

Post a Comment